Let's Get Organized

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Best Eggs Ever

Kids, I ate this for breakfast this weekend, and after I finished going on and on to the hubby about what a wonderful cook I am, I knew I had to share it with you!  I ate it before I could think to photograph it the first time, but I had it for dinner tonight, so voila!  Pics!

Also, have I mentioned my favorite menu planning site?  It's where I post all of my recipes!  If you're on the site, add me as a friend so we can share!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat



Gather your ingredients:  leftover spring onions, butter, spinach, eggs, fresh corn, goat cheese, and black bean & corn salsa.  It was a corn festival, what can I say?  And the olive oil and garlic were forgotten... oh well!
Then, pet your kitty that is begging for attention, even though she won't hold still and pose for the camera.


Hash browns are just about done!  At this point I fried the hubster's 3 eggs and then began my own.
Blurry action shot!
Before the eggs hit the plate, just so you can see the goat cheese babies
The final beautiful creation.  Can you smell it?


From my Plan to Eat post:

Best Eggs Ever:

I've determined this is the best breakfast I've ever made. And it was so easy: my husband just wanted eggs and hash browns, so it was a cinch for me to just modify those two ingredients into this recipe for me. Would also be good on crusty toast or with a higher ratio of salsa/ tomato to spinach.

Note about the hash browns: I list them as already cooked here because I don't claim to be a hash brown pro. I simply use the frozen, pre-shredded hash brown potatoes, and fry them up in shortening, oil, or butter. They take a long time to brown up, and they brown best when left undisturbed in the pan for several minutes at a time.

Note about goat cheese: many recipes consider goat cheese and feta interchangeable. I don't. Goat cheese is divine and makes my world go 'round.

Note about the fixins' (last note!):  Regarding the onions, garlic, spinach, etc., get creative!  Today I forgot the garlic and added fresh corn, and it was an all new level of divine!  Just use what you have on hand that gets your mojo going!


1/2 cup Hashbrowns, cooked
1 tbsp butter
1 drizzle olive oil
2 tbsp onions chopped, I used spring onions
1/4 tsp garlic roasted, minced
3 tbsp salsa or tomatoes, I used black bean & corn salsa
2 handfuls baby spinach
2 tbsp goat cheese or feta
1 egg

  1. While the hash browns are finishing up, heat the butter and olive oil.
  2. Sautee the onions and garlic for 1 min
  3. Add the salsa and spinach and sautee until almost totally wilted
  4. At the other end of the pan, fry the egg with salt & pepper
  5. Once the egg is cooked to your liking, plate the hashbrowns
  6. Add the spinach mixture and goat cheese
  7. Put the egg on top of the goat cheese so that the cheese will heat through and semi-melt
  8. Die from happiness!



2 comments: